Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Refreshing, Sparkling Waterfall

18" x 18"    watercolor      $10000.00 framed and matted

I have entered 3 waterfalls into the PPWS international Watermedia today.
They are all from the Rocky Mountains from photos I have taken and converted into paintings .  Yet when I look at the paintings from children's imaginations, I feel stilted and uncreative.  My work comes from seeing something and more or less copying it.  Children's work is freeing and delightful, colorful and imaginative.Their work comes totally from the heart.  Can I attain to that?  I sure hope so.  Hmmm....think like a child, think like a child.

1 comment:

Johanna Cellucci said...

What do you mean Rev? You are always young at heart and I know you've always been successful entering our PPWS International Watermedia!