Sunday, January 26, 2014

Thinking Caps

Today I don't have any art to post, but I will soon, I promise.  I just had a small thought that you might like.  I am encouraging all of you to paint any thing with a hat.

We must put on or thinking caps because the youngsters already have   Let’s see, instead of” “thinking caps”, we can put on a “Striped Violet Chapeaux.” How’s that?  Yes, we have still got it!  Think colorful and elongated.  Think cerebral and cloudy.  Think animated and silly.  Think pastoral and serene.  Think outlines and space.  Think shrouded and mysterious.  Have fun.  Why be ordinary?  I challenge all of us to blow the world away with the art we fashion.

Maybe you would rather make something with stripes or bubbles.  Just so that it is original.  What could you put a hat onto?  How about a squirrel, a worm, a toaster, an orange, a tree stump.  Make it comical, or serious.  It doesn't matter, as long as you decided to do it yourself!

Next post it to my reveille kennedy facebook page and we can all have a vote on the best, the silliest, the most beautiful or the scariest.  Let's see, that is 4 winners.  The winners will have one pick of any 8 x 10 print of my paintings.  The contest will end on Feb. 26, exactly one month from today.

Have fun and have a great day, my creative friends

I will repost all artwork to this blog.





No comments: