Saturday, March 9, 2013

"Lemon Refreshment"


8" x 10"  abstract oil on stretched canvas  $75.00 unframed

Using up the paint left over from another project, I thought  I would just use my palette knife to scrape the paint and put it on my canvas.  I saw a similar painting somewhere and just loved the purple box and the yellow vase, so I tried to recreate it in my mind.  I think the colors are just about right.  I do not know who the artist was, but it took some thinking before I laid the paint on because it was so thick.  I hope you like it!  
Tomorrow I will follow up with another similar painting because there is still some more paint.  This was fun and looks fresh and clean.  It was so tempting to go in and pick at it, but I resisted.  Ha!
If have a good imagination you can see a lady with a scarf on her red head, with a yellow skirt carrying a backpack filled with flowers.
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artist/GetGalleryWidget

No comments: