Follow by Email

Monday, January 21, 2013

"Happy Papavers"

8" x 10"  watercolor  SOLD

As the masking fluid spilled onto the tablecloth, I thought to myself, "better get that up quickly before it dries," and I dripped what liquid I could into the bottle.  Next I grabbed a piece of paper and laid it over the rest of the wet masking. 
I let that paper dry and painted around the masking, making delicate flower and leaf patterns.  When I pulled the dried masking off, I had a beautiful, loose, lacey rendition of lovely flowers.  I added a few strokes and leaves and stems. Once in a while the worst condition works out!

No comments: