Wednesday, July 4, 2012

"American Hero"

48" x 60"  acrylic  $7,000.00

American Hero was painted after 9/11, however since we recently had the Waldo Canyon fire here in Colorado Springs, I will re- present this painting to give honor to our valient firefighters.  Fire pushed by 65 mile an hour winds pushed our firemen backwards, but they stayed their ground.  They saved 81% of the homes in Mountain Shadows neighborhood, but lost 346 homes.  Many of those lost belonged to a number of artists that I know.  If this painting sells, (It is framed) I will donate all of the proceeds to my friends who now have nothing but embers.  

1 comment:

Johanna Cellucci said...

Hi Rev,

This is a great painting...didn't realize it was so large. This is a wonderful gesture on your part. I do hope it finds a good home.

Johanna