Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Meilyn" finished

1/29/12    11"x15"   w/c      SOLD
This is the finished demo for the class I taught last Saturday.
Meilyn is my granddaughter.  She is 13 and her real name is Xia Xia which means pink cloud.

"Meilyn" unfiished
1/21/12    11"x15"   w/c      $350.00
Mei Lyn is my beautiful Chinese granddaughter and the daughter of Brent and Stacy.  She posed for me on my front deck.  I used this pose for a portrait class beginning on Sat. 1/21/12.  After putting color on lightly  in the first wash, making certain I left the highlights white, I let the painting completely dry.  Next, I painted the same 3 colors, (gambouge, cad red and cobalt blue), that are just for her skin tones.  I added the levi jacket in shades of ultramarine and indigo.
I plan on finishing this painting next Sat. to show my students how to layer in more of the same colors, let it dry again, then finesse the rest of the painting adding my darks on the eyes lips and hair, ad final touches to the jacket.  
Stay tuned!

No comments: